Position - Mechanical Fitter
Location -Bradford, West Yorkshire
Job Type - Temporary to Permanent
Hours of Work - Days Monday to Friday
Salary/Rate - £12.50ph + Overtime
A prestigious, heavy, engineering company, based in Keighley, is currently looking to recruit a time served or qualified to city and guilds or Nvq Machine Tool / Mechanical Fitter .
The opportunities have arisen due to an increase in work demand. Ideal candidates will be from the Yorkshire area (or be able to commute to this area on a daily basis) and have previous Mechanical Fitting / Assembly experience within an engineering environment.
We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Fitter to undertake the build of precision machine tools component.
These roles are open to Mechanical Fitters from a Machine Tools background. Suitable candidates must be able to work Standard Days and be flexibility to overtime as and when required.
General Description of the position:
Machine tool/mechanical engineer with experience in the precision build of mechanisms whilst maintaining a safe environment and focused on the efficient build of our products. Emphasising on continual improvements within our processes using lean manufacturing techniques and tools.
Key duties include:
* Ability to build precision mechanisms to a high standard
* Liaise with other departments
* assembling components/machines on time at the right quality and on budget
* Ensure that employee Health and Safety is maintained
* Ability to read and understand Engineering drawings and specifications.
* Understanding of 5s, 6 sigma and Lean manufacturing techniques (preferable)
* Understanding of precision assembly techniques
* Understanding of working with Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality
* Experience with SAP (preferable)
This role is initially for 3 month temporary contract however, there is a opportunities for this role to become permanent for the right candidate
The company also offers free parking and easy accessibility from Halifax, Bradford, & M62 this is an excellent opportunity to join the company and secure employment with long term prospects.
This position is being advertised on behalf of E3 Recruitment who operate as an employment business.
If your experience matches this positon, please contact Andrew Joseph at E3 Recruitment on 01484 645269
E3 Recruitment Specialising in Engineering Technical based recruitment offering over 60 years' experience