Apprentice Technical Trainer Paint & Body
Apprentice Technical Trainer– Paint & Body
£27,500 upwards depending on experience + Company Car
Babcock International Group is a FTSE 100 business, provides 600 services across six continents and is the UK’s leading engineering support services organisation.
Our Skills & Learning business is one of the nation’s largest private sector providers of vocational and skills training working in partnership with major employers across the Automotive, Emergency Services, Engineering and Service sectors.
We’re proud to be an award winning team. In 2013 we were voted ‘Vocational Education Provider of the Year’ for the second consecutive year.
So it’s not surprising that we’re looking for exceptional people to help us to continue our growth.
We are now seeking to recruit a talented and motivated individual to join us as a Paint & Body Trainer (Training Apprentices). The ideal candidate will have previous experience within the Paint & Body sector of the automotive industry; training delivery experience is NOT essential, full training will be provided if required.
Some of the responsibilities will involve:
Develop and Deliver Training Programmes for funded Apprentices to enable them to achieve their NVQ qualification and apprenticeship framework:
- Deliver and assess any additional underpinning knowledge not provided by their workplace
- Deliver and assess technical certificate qualifications & Functional Skills
- Provide guidance and mentoring to the apprentice and their assessor as required
- Monitor apprentices’ progress in the other components of their Apprenticeship framework (i.e. any sub contracted delivery)
- Ensure training premises, facilities and materials are organised and dispatched as appropriate in a timely fashion
- Ensure pre course material is dispatched in time for the commencement of any courses and that course evaluations are completed and forwarded for evaluation as per company procedures
- Develop and deliver short/long commercial courses
- Assist in the marketing of the Company Apprenticeship programmes and other business opportunities to potential learners and employers
- Ensure all documentation the Technical Skills Trainer is obliged to complete is accurate, on time and fulfills all contractual and statutory obligations and the Company’s Operations Procedures
- Monitor all apprentices in accordance with their framework pathway
- Undertake any self-development identified in appraisals and personal training and development plans
- Undertake all tasks and responsibilities specified in the Company’s Operations Procedures, working instructions, and current employment and health and safety legislation and regulations
- Work closely within the regional team to ensure business growth, delivery of all contracts and achievement of agreed targets
- Undertake other such duties as may be reasonably requested periodically
- Protecting assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference
- Comply with the Data Protection Act 1998
·Practical current vocational skills and expertise in the areas you are required to train (minimum of NVQ level 3 or equivalent)
·Multi qualification or ‘rare and required’ specialist skill
·Specific occupationally relevant technical certificates
·Recognised Training/Teaching Qualification
Skills and Experience required:
·Extensive experience within the Paint & Body area.
·Occupational experience as required by NVQ Code of Practice and relevant awarding bodies.
·Proven track record of imparting skills and learning to others.
·Understanding of and belief in work based learning and competency assessment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.