Graduate Structural Engineer - Birmingham
Role: Graduate Structural Engineer
Salary: Up to £30,000
Penguin Recruitment are currently looking for a Graduate Structural Engineer to join a Chartered Structural & Civil Engineering Consultancy based in Birmingham.
Being situated in the city centre, it is ideally placed for national coverage. They pride themselves on their relationships with their clients, and provide a friendly and effective service, ensuring that projects are managed by well-qualified senior staff, who have a wide range of experience and who adopt a hands on approach to design promoting innovation and excellence.
Using specialist software for designing, detailing, ground modelling and tracking, the consultancy can provide details, information and drawings for all structural requirements.
The Graduate Structural Engineers main responsibilities:
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects;
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis and design software;
- Prepare structural and civil engineering drawings using AutoCAD;
- Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations;
- Willing to attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections;
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work;
- Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
The Graduate Structural Engineer will be required to have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- Minimum of a 2:1 in a Civil/Structural Engineering degree;
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant UK Consultancy experience, and the ambition to work towards Chartership;
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team;
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills;
- Good analytical and organisation skills;
- High level of IT proficiency;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure;
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to work;
- Ability to prepare drawings using AutoCAD in a Civil/Structural or related field.
In order to discuss this role, please contact Tom on 01792 365108, or alternatively send an email expressing your interest with a CV attached to