Director of Sales and Marketing
Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies for the hotel to ensure revenue and room night sales goals are achieved, sales and marketing strategies are set, tactical plans are created and implemented, and results are monitored and achieved.
At our hotel we want our guests to feel special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
Be charming by being approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
Stay in the moment by understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking ownership of getting things done.
Make it memorable by being knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that make people feel special.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Achieve budgeted revenues and personal/team sales goals and maximise profitability. Participate in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget, the hotel marketing plan and business plan, and financial plans.
· Create and implement sales plans that drive measurable incremental occupancy, increase average rates, increase volume, food and beverage and banquet sales.
· Review monthly reports and sales forecasts to analyse current/potential market and sales trends, coordinate activities to increase revenue and market share and monitor performance to ensure actual
sales meet or exceed established revenue plan.
· Create and develop special events and sales blitzes to showcase the hotel to potential clients. Attend trade shows and major market events locally and nationally to promote new business and increase sales and marketing opportunities for the hotel.
· Direct day-to-day sales activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict, improve team member performance, and recognise good performance.
· Educate, train and motivate sales and marketing teams to achieve hotel revenue goals. Ensure staff has the information, market data, tools and equipment to successfully carry out job duties.
· Develop and maintain relationships with key clients and outside contacts (example: guests, airliners, wholesalers, travel agencies, ad agencies, local community groups) in order to produce group and/or convention business, to include room sales, food and beverage sales, and catering/banquet services.
· Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programmes, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
· Schedule conventions and/or business group activities at the hotel and coordinate with other hotel-level departments to facilitate services agreed upon by the sales office and prospective clients.
· Communicate to appropriate departments all pertinent information requirements and special needs for arriving VIP’s, large groups, and other key guests.
· Lead marketing efforts to up sell guests on hotel services, offerings, and amenities.RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS:
· Identify operational problems that reduce the effectiveness of marketing activities and overall hotel sales performance and work with appropriate department on solutions.
· Develop awareness and reputation of the hotel and the brand in the local community, may serve as the hotel representative for media related inquiries.
· Work closely with key business leaders, officials, and representatives of local community groups within the city to ensure constant high profile exposure for the hotel.
· Effectively communicate and market aspects of the hotel that are sustainable or “green” and use information to gain new business opportunities.
· Work with advertising agencies, consulting firms, and vendors to maximise advertising investments and ensure ads represent brand identity.
Perform other duties as assigned. Will also serve as a manager on duty.QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Previous experience with large MICE space sales and experience in a hospitality, hotel sales and marketing setting, with direct management experience over a sales team.
Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required.
Bachelor’s degree, higher education qualification or equivalent in marketing or a related field.
Good command of English required.