Windows Technical Lead - Windows Desktop Infrastructure
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a specialist across Windows Desktop infrastructure. As the Windows Technical Lead, you will be the Technical Lead authority within the Group Infrastructure Desktop team.
As the SME for the Windows and Desktop environment, you will be responsible for service and operational improvements as well as acting as a technical escalation point for vendors and the service delivery manager.
Our Client is a market leader within their field. They have recently embarked on a transformation programme, focusing on long term strategy to remain at the forefront of their industry. Group IT engage the business and helps deliver company needs while undergoing its own transformation. At the very core of this strategy lies IT. Viewed as a significant enabler of company strategy, IT is an area where top management has made and will continue to make increasing investments in.
Technology actively engage the business and deliver its needs while undergoing its own transformation. The aim is to be a world-class professional IT organisation that delivers business value through automation, standardisation, increased forecasting capabilities and proactive handling of the market. These are levers that leadership rely on to maintain a strong and stable presence in the market. Further aims are to establish one global platform on which they can effectively build systems that allow us to differentiate from our competitors in the market.
The Windows & Desktop SME is the lead technical authority within the Desktop team. This role covers a variety of desktop and virtualisation technologies. You will be responsible for service and operational improvements as well as act as a technical escalation for the Vendor and Service Owner.
This person will be responsible for keeping abreast of the industry, keeping the Service Delivery Manager and operational teams updated. As an internal service provider, Infrastructure Services also manages new requests from its customers. The solutioning of such requests will be performed by Architects who will work collaboratively with the SME.
Day to day activities will include:
- Translating subject matter terminology into business terms and recommending alternatives
- Troubleshooting and 3rd line support activities
- Creating and reviewing technical documentation, such as user guides, training manuals, and system specifications, prior to distribution to end-users, and ensuring their subject area is accurately represented
- Understanding, articulating, and implementing best practices within area of expertise
- Present and promote the relevant architecture and strategies within the wider IT community
Successful candidates will have:
- Proven Windows Desktop 3rd line experience within an Enterprise grade environment. This is an operations/run focused role and as such, you will have experience within an operational/BAU role
- Knowledge of application delivery technologies - SCCM, ThinApp, App-V, XenApp
- Windows Client environment management (GPO, login scripts, user environment, imaging, security)
- Server and Client hardware - HP, Dell, IBM
- Stakeholder engagement skills - you will be liaising on a daily basis with an outsourced vendor partner
- VMWare experience - VCP4/VCP5 certification would be a bonus
This is a permanent role based in Maidenhead, offering up to £70,000 per annum + bens. For more information, please call Vinesh on 02072692295 for a confidential discussion.