Technical Engineer Manager
Our client has a vacancy for a Technical Engineer Manager to provide customers with technical support and training, to achieve high quality and cost-effective fabrications with products and systems. In addition support and report to the Technical manager.
- Manage the Technical Engineer team (5 people), undertake PDR for the team.
- Assist the TE co-ordinator organise TE diary.
- Produce a monthly report to the Technical manager, outlining all the relevant data concerning the TE workload, and any issues.
- Organise/recommend training for the TE team.
- Training customers and their personnel in the manufacture of aluminium and steel systems, this is to be based upon the UK order manuals and fabrication drawings. This practical training is to take place in the customer workshops, and to be based upon the business guidelines and recommendations, relating to the specific system being trained.
- Undertake site inspections of systems installed by the fabricator.This will include discussing with the fabricator any and all issues to be resolved of changed based upon the inspection of the installation.This is to be followed up by a detailed report, for the fabricators records.In addition, on Trade and Residential projects the TE is to provide a detailed survey of the installation.
- Undertaking customer factory surveys with the focus to be given to optimum space and maximum the workflow of material through manufacturing processes to completion. This is to be issued to the customer for implementation or further discussion.
- Help and assist the fabricator in the operation of new machinery ensuring it is fully commissioned and that the user(s) are trained in the operation and maintenance related to the specific machinery, this will include; teaching safe methods of operation prior to use. Supplying after-sales support and recommending to customers the benefits of purchasing machinery. Assisting customers with any problems/queries on machinery, during the warranty period.
- Assisting the quality department in the investigation of complaints and producing detailed and illustrated reports.
- Provide an installation service for the fixing of systems into customer’s properties.This can also include rectification to existing installations.
- Reporting to the product manager any technical or mistakes within company literature and any amendments to fabrication practices in respect of systems. Advising and assisting with the tooling/fabrication of new products.
- Investigate reported complaints related to products or fabrication and produce detailed reports/survey and recommendations to overcome/rectify the complaint.
- Assisting with the manufacture of test and exhibit samples, including assisting with the installation and glazing of the sample at the test centre in order to witness and monitor the test with the customer.
- Provide site support, giving advice / guidance in respect of product installation procedures for customers.
- Complete daily analysis forms, logging full activities and producing site and investigation reports.
- Recommending to customers, the manufacturing and cost benefits of purchasing machinery and tooling.
- Proven industry experience, including that of site installation.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to work on own initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent team work skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven experience of the manufacturing and installation of products.
- A thorough knowledge of design principles.
- Engineering qualification
- Must be able to travel extensively including overnight stays
- Must have a clean and valid UK driving licence.
Due to the large number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. We will only contact those candidates short-listed for this role. If you have not heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you wish to apply for further roles please do so. We will retain your details on file and contact you should a suitable vacancy become available.