Head Chef re: 4933
Our Client, a unique retirement community located outside Farnham, are looking for an experienced Head Chef to join their team.
As the Head Chef, you will be responsible for managing the Kitchen and Front of House staff to ensure the smooth running of the dining experience and to maintain the excellent rapport with the guests on menu requirements. You will be using fresh local ingredients to produce the buffet style breakfast, pre-ordered 3 course lunch and dinner menus for between 34 to 44 guests and staff on site. You will also organise and cater for all events throughout the year including garden parties and themed occasions.
Other responsibilities include:
- Menu planning
- Ordering of stock
- Operating the kitchen within the allocated budget
- Maintaining Health and Safety and Food Hygiene procedures
- Kitchen Equipment, cutlery and glassware.
The Head Chef must have:
- Previous experience within a Head Chef position
- A passion for food and excellent customer service
- Their own reliable means of transport
- The ability to manage a team
- A NVQ level 3 within Catering/Hospitality or equivalent
- A Food Hygiene Certificate and Allergen aware
As the Head Chef you will be working a 40 hour week, 5 over 7 days, no splits. Subject to experience a salary between £25,000 to £27,000 will be paid. The position also includes a 25 days/ annum Holiday entitlement and a Pension package.