ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - CONVENIENCE FOOD RETAILER
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Assistant Manager to work for this ethically and culturally strong business. In this role you will be given complete autonomy for a Convenience food retailer specialising in food and non food goods with a remit to drive sales, focus on promotional activity and utilise your retail nous to its fullest extent. This is an Assistant Manager role with a difference.... which we cannot divulge in an ad like this... so if we have peaked your curiosity get in touch!
Our client is one of the UK's leading retail organisations who have such a diverse offer. They treat their people fantastically and genuinely offer great progression throughout the organisation. You are given freedom and autonomy to put your stamp on this retail operation and will be able to utilise your flair in all areas to ultimately improve sales & profit, service, availability and the fresh offer.
Assistant Store Manager - Convenience Food Retailer - Role Responsibility
As Assistant Manager you will be responsible for:
- Driving the highest levels of customer service
- Ensuring full availability
- Ensuring fresh food is of the highest standard in terms of quality and presentation
- Ensuring promotional activity is proactive and takes into account what competitors are doing so sales opportunities are not missed
- Ensure stock and seasonal lines are managed to their potential
- Running a wide ranging P&L taking into account fresh food, non food, ambient, bakery, deli, etc
- Ensure the best use of space and flow of the store
- Food retail management experience, either as an Assistant Manager, Shift Leader or Senior Team from larger supermarkets
- Strong communication / customer service / organisational skills
- Profit and Loss management
- People development skills
- Gravitas and presence to operate and influence at a senior level
- Able to work and run a successful business under minimal supervision
- Excellent track record of achievement: maximising sales and achieving / surpassing targets.
- Experience of driving incremental sales and profit increases and understanding how this is best achieved