Our client is a major player in the global insurance industry. An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Underwriter to join the team.
Based in the heart of the city, this interesting and fast paced role will include the following responsibilities:
- Monitor receipt of premium advices.
- Verify and confirm accuracy of premium advices
- Prompt and accurate booking of premiums onto the underwriting system.
- Ensure facultative reinsurance transactions (automatic or manual) are processed correctly.
- Monitor and resolve queries with business partners.
- Monitor and chase premium advices and missing bordereaux for unclosed risks.
- Monitor comparison between written premium and booked premium.
- Liaise with underwriters to ensure policies on Open Co underwriting system are correct.
- Liaise with the credit control department to resolve any unidentified cash receipts.
- Ensure all documents are scanned or filed in good order.
- Report on progress to the Technical Accounting Manager.
What you will need to succeed
- Working experience in the general insurance industry will be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail and determination with a high level of accuracy as a good portion of the workload is manual
- Good numerical skills
- Excellent communication both oral and written
- A team player who can take responsibility and work with a high level of autonomy