Client side senior Building Surveyor
Client-side Senior Building Surveyor
Flexible working (East/ South East England)
£60,000 + package
Capstone has been appointed to recruit on behalf of a leading heritage conservation organisation. My client is looking for a Senior Building Surveyor to lead on their conservation, maintenance and repair on their impressive portfolio; comprising of castles, abbeys, estates, and business centres.
You will be expected to apply appropriate technical and consultancy skills to enable properties to achieve sustainable standards relating to all aspects of conservation and maintenance.
Key duties will include:
- Undertake and coordinate building quinquennial and small building condition surveys.
- Lead on the sustainable property management externally, making expertise widely available to existing and new audiences and raise awareness and understanding.
- Have functional management responsibilities for a team of Building Surveyors within the region.
- Act as Project Manager, Lead Consultant on medium to large projects within your portfolio.
- Plan and deliver a planned professional programme of short and long term cyclical work, improvements and new build work; comprising of planned maintenance and proposals of budgets.
- Act as technical lead for building risk management compliance; undertaking risk assessments and thus mitigating risks.
The successful candidate should be MRICS qualified, and have a minimum of 5 years' private practice experience. Heritage maintenance and conservation experience would be beneficial, although this is not mandatory.
You should have a strong track level of management in a multidisciplinary environment, good experience of working with external agencies, and exceeding expectations.
Please make your enquiries in the strictest confidence to Celia Harker on 0203 757 5000 /07494 368 453, or email a copy of your CV to