Due to an internal promotion this large manufacturing business is looking to recruit a Finance Manager who has strong technical accounting experience and a desire to join a progressive company that values it’s people. You will be fully qualified and may be a 1st or 2nd mover from Practice and will ideally have experience of working with large businesses.
This role is based close to Telford and offers a great opportunity to become part of a high performing team where retention of people is high on the priority list.
The successful Finance Manager will be working for a highly profitable manufacturing business and will look after a T/O of approx. £250 million. The company always promote from within and offer career progression which is why this role has become vacant. This role will give the Finance Manager exposure to a very interesting business where you will take accountability for the numbers.
As the Finance Manager you will continually improve and enhance the quality of the financial reporting across the sites you look after. A key element of the role will be to proactively manage and strive to improve all aspects of the internal and external reporting processes whilst adhering to, and evolving the compliance framework. You will successfully manage key relationships with operations and senior management and will manage a small team.
- Financial management of the Group Office division using their ERP system, including preparation of all monthly management information, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, submissions to group, and uploads into the consolidation system
- Monthly cost centre reviews supporting each departmental budget holder monitor performance against budget
- Responsible for divisional cash reporting and VAT return submission
- Preparation of weekly group consolidated “Flash” reports
- Carrying out the monthly consolidation for the group, and intercompany recharge and reconciliation process
- Preparation of monthly/quarterly/annual subgroup reports and analysis and supporting the group quarterly forecasting process
- Supporting group systems and reporting model development
- Manage a small team
As the successful Finance Manager you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant
- Experience of group consolidations would be advantageous
- Experience of group reporting within a global framework and delivering to deadlines would also be advantageous
- A strong and proficient user of Microsoft Excel/Office
- A sense of humour
The Benefits Package
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Manager:
- Base salary of £55K/£65K
- Early finish on a Friday
- Great team to work with and learn from