New Homes Customer Service Manager
Our client is seeking a New Homes Customer Service Manager to join their business as soon as possible on a permanent basis.
Please do not apply for this vacancy if you do not possess New Homes experience as the application will not be considered.
Hours of work are Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5.30pm however flexibility is required at times to meet customer needs.
Salary £50,000 per annum, plus 25 days holiday, company car, pension, private healthcare, death in service, and other flexible benefits.
This position is based 50/50 between Greenwich and Brentwood, Essex.
As primary contact with the customer you will provide a single point of ownership and continuity through the customer journey. The Customer Service Manager plays a pivotal role in the quest to achieve NHBC 5 star rating.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure any customer complaints are fully investigated and resolved promptly and efficiently
- Determine quality and finish of newly constructed properties through the submission of Stage 16 and Stage 17 quality inspections
- Following inspections, advise Site Manager to carry out remedial works before completion to customer in readiness for Stage 17 quality control acceptance
- Provide information to the Head of Customer Service / Director, and any other relevant Manager regarding inspections carried out, including recurring defects and poor workmanship
- Carry out visit to customers' homes to review reported defects / poor workmanship / queries, determine course of action as required
- Ensure customer is fully updated with actions and timescales
- Advice administrator of any instructions to be directed to specific Sub Contractors/Operative and details of any materials required for remedial work that require ordering
- Monitor contractors and Maintenance Operatives whilst remedial works are being undertaken
- Advise Head of Customer Service /Director, of any risks to the business and department
- Keep adequate records for costing purposes
- Motivate and encourage all departmental staff
- Provide feedback of any ongoing problems with design and workmanship or any potential financial risk to all relevant personnel
- Maintain an organised filing system
- Attend development meetings
- Ensure the groups Health and Safety policy is adhered to at all times and implement Method Statements and Risk Assessments appertaining to the remedial works
- Carry out periodic inspections of maintenance vehicles as required and ensure operative dress code is compliant with Health & Safety criteria
- Assist the administrators in gaining resolutions to customer queries
- Attend 'Meet The Builder' meetings with Development, Sales and Site to provide overview and information of the development and roles
- Undertake 'Home Tour' on one to one basis with customer prior to legal completion
- Ensure all relevant Customer Service Team members are trained and able to carry out Home Tour and Key Handover process
- Attend NHBC Resolutions / Investigations
- Oversee the work carried out by the maintenance team and ensure they attain the expectations of the company
- Review the performance of the sub-contractors and keep Head of Customer Service fully informed of any problems areas
- Liaise with all relevant departments as necessary and required
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.