Business Analytics Analyst
Large UK retail business with offices across Worcestershire with this site being in Bromsgrove
This role will is seen by the rest of the company as an Excel and systems 'guru' so the individual must have very strong Excel skills as well as a keen interest in systems and processes.
The role would suit an individual with keen passion for systems with advanced Microsoft Excel and good VBA skills, looking for a commercially focused role in a high-performing Finance team where you can have a real impact on the business.
Assist with translation of moderate to complex business needs into required Business Analytics deliverables.
Support in the defining of requirements and technical design for Business Analytics projects.
Perform development activities from gathering requirements and designing solutions, through developing code/reports, to testing and release/deployment.
Collaborate with end users, project stakeholders and support partners to identify needs, goals, and business models.
Develop reports, dashboards, and other Business Analytics deliverables using Excel and other tools to meet business needs.
Data discovery, data mining and deriving insights from analysis of data.
Participate in maintaining and improving Business Analytics report development practices, standards, procedures and controls.
Understand and maintain a listing of our suite of Business Analytics reporting and other Excel-based tools, used both within and outside of the Finance department.
Proactively develop new Business Analytics solutions as necessary to meet the needs of a fast-moving Retail business.
Continually look for ways to improve the way we do things in Finance.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- A very keen interest in, as well as a natural ability to quickly grasp, IT systems and processes.
- A passion to learn with an inquisitive nature.
- A continuous improvement mind-set. Constantly looking for ways to better things.
- Ability to work accurately at pace.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of information from numerous sources.
- Ability to build collaborative and productive relationships across the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience of continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience within a Data Analyst role where you will have experience in reporting, co-ordinating business analytics, and data analysis.
- Experience of working with SAP/BW as an end user
- Experience working within a Retail environment
- Experience in working within a Finance or IT department
- Experience working with self-service analytics and reporting tools (i.e. Qlikview / Alteryx)
This Business Analytics Analyst role is on offer with a salary of £25,000