Our client are a well-known organisation in the Brighton area, and are currently looking for a Town Planner to work for them, initially for 3 months. The ideal person will have strong knowledge in either Enforcement or Conservation planning regulations. They are able to accommodate flexible working, and can allow remote working for 1 to 2 days per week.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of working for a local authority within either Planning Enforcement or Conservation.
- Royal Town Planning Institute Membership RTPI
- Sound and detailed knowledge of planning/enforcement/conservation principles and practice including relevant legislation
- Ability to contribute to policy development, planning briefs or similar
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, able to negotiate and influence decision making; present and discuss information with authority when representing the service/council
- Able to work to tight statutory deadlines and under pressure
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an established company in the Brighton area. The standard hours of work will be 9am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.