Highways Design Engineer
We are looking for an experienced Highways Design Engineer to join our client's busy team in Bedford for a 9 months contract.
Our client is a large Highways maintenance and engineering company operating Nation-wide with offices throughout the UK and currently expanding their Bedford team.
As Highways Design Engineer, you will be responsible for technical checks of third parties' designs for developer-funded schemes. You will be involved in the delivery of all the specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required.
Outline of the role:
- Prepare and check feasibility studies, inspection, assessment and technical reports and other written documents;
- Prepare/check design approach, calculations, drawings and documents;
- Carry out site visits and surveys, inspections and supervise sub-contractors;
- Be confident to work under minimum supervision and competent to check the work of others and supervise less experienced or junior staff;
- Assist with competency appraisal processes subject to suitable level of supervision;
- Implement the project requirements to fully meet the client specification in accordance with relevant standards;
- Take line management responsibility for the direction and supervision of junior design team members to help ensure timely project delivery is achieved within budget and in accordance with the specification;
- Engage in client and third party liaison;
- Support the preparation of quotes and delivery of services when required;
You are a Civil Engineer with a few years post graduate experience within the Highways sector. Ideally you would be recently Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or working towards the status.
You should have strong communication skills to deal with clients, developers, consultants, elected representatives and the public. A Client focused approach to service delivery is very important in this role.
This position is a contract role estimated to run for a 9 months period. You will be based in our client's Bedford office and the pay rate will be up to £25 per hour for the right person.
Don't miss out - apply ASAP!