Product Buyer - Manchester
Serving seven countries around the world, our client is seeking a diligent and conscientious Product Buyer help develop commercial activities across the business. With a workforce of over 1,450 and serving internationally for 21 years, our client boasts its endorsement as a top 20 Travel Management Company with impressive growth projections for the coming year.
Based on a strong family ethos, the company prides itself on a unique and modern approach to customer service. The ideal candidate will be willing to go the extra mile for customers and will have a genuine passion for the travel industry.
Strengthening an already impressive department, the Product Negotiator will report to the Head of Department and will be entrusted with ensuring that all sales and margin opportunities are maximised through effective negotiation across a wide range of products.
What are the main responsibilities of the Product Buyer?
- Negotiation to obtain the best rates in a range of markets, delivering special value benefits for customers.
- Take responsibility for increasing sales to your given destination through the business’ in-house systems.
- To manage and enhance our client’s portfolio of contracted hotels.
- To develop effective relationships with a range of hotels and groups.
- Developing a specialised knowledge of the business’ product range and requirements.
- To manage prices of products within the business’ in-house booking system.
- To undertake continual market analysis, identifying the best destinations and markets to develop into.
- To manage a central buying strategy for your given region.
- To assist colleagues in product and price related queries.
What will you need to apply?
- Experience within a Travel / Retail environment.
- Excellent negotiation skills, with a demonstrable track record.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment, dealing with high-pressured issues while upholding excellent levels of accuracy.
- Commercial awareness with experience in liaison with suppliers.
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral communication.
- A target-driven attitude towards work, with the drive to succeed.