IT Systems and Services Network Assistant
Our client is seeking a candidate to join their team as an ITSS Network Assistant.
This position would particularly suit an experienced IT Technician who has provided extra responsibility for the network side of the role and has exceptional people skills at 1st line support level.
Candidates applying for this position must have strong interpersonal skills, experience of maintaining a wired/wireless network infrastructure, knowledge of Windows Server environment including: Server 2012/2016, Exchange, SQL, AD, DHCP & DNS, VMWare Server and previous experience working in an educational setting is beneficial.
To follow is a detailed job specification however if you tick the above boxes and you are looking to develop your skill set in the below areas, we welcome your application.
Applicants of interest to the client will be required to perform a technical test of some form.
Hours of work are Monday - Friday 8am until 5pm with 1 hour lunch.
The yearly salary is between £24,000 - £26,000 and other benefits include; 20 days holiday plus statutory days, pension 5% employee contribution, 10% employer contribution, car parking, gym membership and subsidised Private Medical Insurance available on request.
- Mobile Device Support:
- Manage MDM solution (JAMF), to ensure that mobile devices registered with the network are correctly controlled and have the appropriate resources and apps made available to them
- Provide assistance when required in response to issues with using mobile devices
- Help to maintain the server infrastructure
- Monitor and manage for changes in the IT resource for safe, effective use by network users
- Assist by supporting users with IT issues they are experiencing
- Help to implement IT policies, procedures and best practices
- Ensure resources are managed effectively and efficiently to bring about optimum access for all network users
- Manage the school's IT service in the absence of the ITSS Network Manager
- Server and Network Support:
- Assist in the installation, configuration and management of the switches to ensure connectivity between core and edge
- Virtual Infrastructure - Assist in the management and maintenance of the virtual server hardware and software (VMware Hosts)
- Install, maintain and upgrade the Servers Network Infrastructure
- Manage the network infrastructure (AD, DHCP, DNS) to ensure that users are created and removed as necessary, with membership of the correct groups and access to the correct network resources, whilst maintaining network security
- Maintain, monitor and configure the cloud services (GSuite and O365) according to IT policy and needs
- Configure and maintain software (Salamander\Google Password Sync\Google Cloud Directory Sync (GCDS)) to ensure that user accounts and passwords are securely synced with online accounts
- Assist with the maintenance of the network security and anti-virus servers, including:
- RES ONE Workspace Manager (Desktop composition and security)
- Wireless and NAC - Assist in the installation, configuration and maintenance of the extensive wireless infrastructure, including all wireless access points, wireless controller and wireless security systems (Aruba\Clearpass)
- Faronics' DeepFreeze
- Kaspersky (Anti-Virus)
- Assist with the management of the SAN and File Servers to ensure that adequate provision is made for file storage
- Assist with the management of the back-up system (VEEAM Backup and Recovery) to enable recovery of user files and folders when required, and an efficient return of network services after any unforeseen system outages
- General physical work such as moving/installing computers, printers, switches, server room maintenance etc
- Desktop & Application Support:
- Perform advanced diagnosis procedures on PCs, peripherals and applications
- Advise on compatibility of hardware, applications and operating systems, according to user requirements
- Assist with the install, configuration and deployment of network applications
- Troubleshoot application install issues, identify application compatibility issues and install essential software patches
- Assist with the management of the network components of the school's MIS (SIMS.net), and any other related systems
- Manage and maintain the network components of Apple Macintosh computers, ensuring their compatibility with the existing Windows network, and correct provision of network services to these machines
- Perform the annual maintenance and development of the workstations' OS images, deployment of these OS images via a hosted WDS server, and OS updates via the on-site WSUS server
- Assist with the management of the ClickView server to ensure access to recorded videos
- Upload videos to the ClickView Online server as required.
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position. If you would like to be considered for similar and future positions, or for a complete listing of all our current vacancies, please visit our website.