If your career plans involve making a real difference to people’s lives, the UK’s leading debt charity may be just the place you’re looking for. Following a highly successful rebrand in 2012 and several years of sustained growth, our charity is now embarking on a major transformation programme with digital activities at its heart.
Reporting into the User Experience and Design Manager, we have a new position with user experience at its core to support the transformation, offered initially as a 2-year contract.
We are building a team that encompasses a range of skills to help turn the charity’s strategy into digital experiences that clients, partners and charity colleagues will find straightforward and compelling.
What you will do as part of the UX and design team
As part of a small team including design and front-end development, you’ll help translate the charity’s strategy and its key external and internal initiatives into practical UX/design opportunities and activities.
You’ll also be involved with user research and usability, working on existing issues and investigating new challenges.
Working as a StepChange UX designer/developer will involve:
- working as a designer for front end experiences in multi-disciplinary project teams
- researching user experience issues and interaction with end-users
- supporting the content team, designing and developing our website and digital portfolio, and delivering designs that meet web standards
- contributing to the development and continual enhancement of products and online applications
- helping to foster a culture of good, consistent user experience throughout the charity
- communicating credibly with a wide range of people and leaders - being able to explain design decisions with evidence
Your skills and experience
We are open to applications from candidates that might have a range of these skills and experience to form part of a multi-skilled project team.
- Expertise in web and mobile design, including interaction design
- Solid experience of web and mobile application interface design. Core skills: sketching, design production, rapid prototyping
- Front end development skills
- Experience working within an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
- The ability to quickly communicate ideas and experiences through mood boards or rough layout sketches
- Demonstrable visual design skills
- A good understanding of usability testing
- Experience of user research methodologies
About you - essential qualities:
- You are comfortable working within a diverse project team
- You are curious and seek to solve problems in new and innovative ways
- You keep up to date with industry trends
- You can manage your own workload, and self-start
- You can adapt readily to a changing environment
- You are a user champion through and through
And perhaps most of all, you want to put your hard-earned skills to work in making a meaningful difference to millions of people struggling with problem debt.
Please include a CV and portfolio of previous work.