Shift Mechanical Operator
Excellent package including bonus, great pension
4 on 6 off shift pattern (2 days and 2 nights)
Fantastic training & development
Due to a rapid increase in orders, my client, a global organisation specialising in the process industry is seeking a Mechanical Operator to join its Technical Support Team on shift. The primary role of the Mechanical Operator is to maintain & operate brand new, state of the art machinery and keep plant downtime to a minimum.
You are also responsible for troubleshooting technical problems and solving these problems using the Daily Direction Setting approach & Root cause analysis and support and coach the Operators / Colleagues in handling technical issues.
Operate safely a paper machine for Tissue products, manufacturing products according to fixed specifications and standard operating procedures. As member of the shift team is responsible for the performance of the machine. The technical operator has the skills to undertake the tasks needed to operate/sustain efficiently the equipment/process
- Proactively develops all necessary skills to maintain & troubleshoot the equipment
- Works towards a zero-breakdown and zero-stop-mentality and reducing the maintenance costs including working capital reduction for spare parts.
- Works securely with the expert maintenance tools (SAP-PM, SOP’s) and trains the teams in those.
- Performs high quality Root-cause analysis for technical and process problems
- Supports and suggests and implements improvements (eg: safety, technology, process) and assures legal compliance on maintenance works.
- Ensure that all site mechanical equipment is operating safely and at maximum efficiency.
- To deal with faults/breakdowns as quickly as possible whilst maintaining high standards of
- Carry out condition monitoring activities, resolve where possible, report any faults or potential faults for later attention.
- You will be a fully qualified Mechanical Engineer.
- Practical experience in a manufacturing, process or heavy industry environment.
- You will have a background in conducting planned and reactive maintenance within a continuous process/ manufacturing environment.
Please be advised that during your training period of up to 6 months you will be working a days based shift pattern which will develop in to the 12 hour shift rotation.
This role really is a fantastic career opportunity to join a very successful and rapidly expanding global market leader. In return for your efforts you receive a great package, training and development and long term progression opportunities.
To apply for this position please send your CV and salary expectation to Danny Walsh.