Graduate Engineer (Development of a new product development process)
Location: Arbroath (but will also be expected to spend periods of time at the University of Dundee)
Salary: £23k - £25k (up to £30k for exceptional candidate)
Closing Date: 14th April 2017
Start Date: June 2017 (Expected)
An exciting new opportunity for a qualified / qualifying (2017) graduate to develop new hi-tech products for industrial applications and to create and embed a systematic new product development process within an innovative, small but growing and forward looking technology based company.
Our clients’ mission is to build a profitable and sustainable organisation, which contributes positively to the world economy. Their primary business focus is the development of control systems solutions Sustainable profitability is based on delivering innovative solutions and customer satisfaction at a fair and competitive price.
The School of Science and Engineering (Discipline of Engineering) at the University of Dundee in partnership with our client seek to appoint a Graduate Engineer. The position is an initial 30 months fixed term contract with a £5k training budget tailored towards the personal development needs of the Associate to allow the candidate to become a permanent member of staff of the company following a successful KTP.
Key skills and qualifations required for the Graduate Engineer;
Engineering skills required:
- Advanced vector maths applied to mechanical modelling & predicting movement, creating 3D virtual image to analyse movement with and without offshore environmental disturbances
- Dynamic and predictive control systems that adapt to changing situations
- Bespoke software development and COTS software configuration
- Microcontroller and electronic board design
- Rapid prototype development & simulation-based function testing
- Product testing validation and certification
Professional skills required:
- Good understanding of the requirements of a commercial business and interest in all aspects of product development, from market research, through technical development to cost engineering, manufacturing and product launch
- Self-motivated enthusiast, with good communication skills capable of presenting ideas at all levels
- Able to work well as an individual or as part of a team, prepared to commit to deadlines
- Organised and systematic, able to plan and to establish efficient systems for others to follow
Educational Skills Required:
- BEng in a core Engineering subject with at least a 2:1 Degree
If you feel that you meet the criteria for the Graduate Engineer position then please apply now!