Payroll Clerk / Sales Ledger
The primary remit of this role will be to manage the entire Payroll process within the business, and to maintain the sales ledger and cashbook - ensuring cash is collected in a timely manner.
Reporting in to the Financial Controller and Management Accountant, a summary of duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Processing a number of both weekly and monthly Payrolls
- Processing all new starters and leavers
- Calculating all bonus payments and ensuring correct payments are made
- Deal with all payroll queries within a respectable timescale
- Ad-hoc duties including assisting with other members of the Accounts team where required, maintaining the sales ledger, raising credit notes, control of petty cash.
Additionally, the role will involve a lot of liaising and interacting with the rest of the Head Office team as well as Branch Managers
To be considered for this role you must:
- Have a strong background in Payroll
- Be able to work on your own initiative
- Be able to build good internal relationships
- Have a keen attention to detail
- Be able to work to deadlines
Salary & Benefits
Salary £20,000 - £22,000 full time equivalent
Stable working environment
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.