Mental Health Advisor
Our client believes that everyone, with the right support will flourish irrespective of their age, circumstance or background.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Mental Health Advisor to join our client’s Employability Team in Bolton, Greater Manchester. This is an important role in which you will use your Health Professional skills, knowledge and experience by taking a holistic approach to help our clients better manage their physical and/or mental health conditions.
Are you a qualified a Physiotherapist/Registered Nurse/ Occupational Therapist or an Occupational Health Nurse looking for the next step in your career? Do you wish to work for an organisation that really makes a difference to people’s lives? If so, then this job could be for you!
Essentially you will be supporting an important part of our client’s Service Delivery Model that enables individuals to return to or remain in work. Your role will also provide support and training for Keyworkers on Working Well to assist them to understand client health needs and therefore co-ordinate their support better.
A typical day will include:
• Supporting Keyworkers to understand client health needs through 3 way appointments
• Encouraging Keyworkers to use motivational interviewing techniques with clients
• Offering advice and guidance to clients during 3 way appointments with regard to their health condition and empowering individuals to manage their health more independently and effectively.
• Delivering psychoeducational group workshops such as Coping with Pain, Back Care, Arthritis Awareness, COPD Awareness ( training and supervision for these workshops is supported by a Senior Physiotherapist )
• Monitoring clients’ individual health and wellbeing throughout group activities and reporting significant changes which may impact positively or negatively on a client’s recovery or return to work to their Keyworker.
You will need to be qualified as one of the following:
• A Physiotherapist, registered with the HCPC and hold CSP Membership.
• A Registered Nurse (Adult), registered with NMC.
• An Occupational Therapist, registered with HCPC.
• An Occupational Health Nurse registered with NMC.
As well as having:
Exceptional organisational abilities to allow the prioritisation and effective management of key duties.
Must be adaptable and flexible and be able to react positively to ongoing change.
Experience of working with clients who have long term chronic conditions.
Understanding of the benefits of being in work in managing health and wellbeing.
Working knowledge and understanding of the biopsychosocial model of healthcare.
Ability to assess and manage a diverse range of clinical conditions.
Be able to analyse client assessment information, apply clinical reasoning to enable effective health action planning.
Why join us?
Over 2,700 employees work across 11 countries to help people take control of their education, their careers, their health and their future. Be a part of our client’s success story.
In return for your hard work and making a difference to people’s lives, our client provides a competitive benefits package including a free day’s annual leave to enjoy your birthday!
To find out more, please apply and we will contact you to discuss the opportunity.
Employment will commence following completion of an Enhanced DBS check.