Beauty Product Technologist
To ensure product developed and supplied complies with Quality Assurance Standards. To work alongside buying teams, suppliers and key stakeholders to establish and maintain best practise and to meet the customer's expectations.
A leading highstreet retailer
- Understand and support delivery of the Departmental and Quality strategy to deliver the customer promise.
- Strong technical expertise to deliver quality products that are safe, legal and fit for purpose.
- Apply quality standards and commercially evaluate and guide suppliers on product testing
- Adheres to "the Best Practice" sample process flow
- Quality benchmarking and key competitors for fit, quality and performance
- Working alongside the Compliance team to ensure the Quality Standards are in line with Beauty Industry Regulations
- A clear understanding of the legal requirements for labelling and best practice claim support process within the required product areas.
- Identify and resolve potential quality issues in relation to formulation , components and testing failure
- Participate in the delivery of the key line programme to ensure quality standards are achieved.
- Manages and resolves quality issues in a timely manner with clear solutions and communication to all relevant stakeholders.
- Evaluating risk and ability to make commercial recommendations on quality priorities in a beauty environment.
- Identifies risk suppliers/product and create an action plan to manage & minimise this risk
- Proactively supports product development by advising on emerging trends, innovations and requirements' for product quality and performance.
- Identify areas for constant improvement within the beauty area and own the implementation of any technical led initiatives
- Own the relationship with regulatory consultant to guide on Primark beauty expectations and enable Primark to keep ahead of upcoming regulations.
- By identifying issues through portal testing, store visits, pre shipment inspections, returns and CFS report be able to arrange and orchestrate a CAP in conjunction with Technical Product Lead to work with supplier. To further more manage the information through to buying teams to ensure they are aware of issues and actions being taken.
- In partnership with the buying teams participate in supplier meetings /factory visits to drive quality.
- Maintains regular updates to the supply base on quality standards
- The lead in engaging with suppliers and driving improvements within the supply base
- Engages with Sourcing and Ethical to understand supplier performance.
- Identify opportunities where process efficiencies can be developed and drive cost savings
- Coaches others to identify their skills, abilities and development areas.
- Conducts open discussions with direct reports about their strengths and development areas, facilitating an understanding of performance expectations and the creation of formal development plans
- Manages and encourages team decision making.
- Demonstrate consistency and fairness when working with others (new)
- Actively seeks out stretching opportunities to support own development
- Delivers training and guidance to the buying teams where required.
Offering excellent salary and progression