Our client who are involved in the manufacture and delivery of product for the built environment are looking to recruit a Project Manager due to continued sustainable growth.
Purpose of role
To ensure each allocated project is delivered on time, completed to the required standard of quality and financially managed such that profit and cash flow objectives are met or exceeded
- Pre-Commencement Planning
- Develop a detailed programme for each project
- Ensure a quality plan is created for each project
- Attend customer pre-commencement and design meetings and undertake site surveys
- Prepare site- specific risk assessments and method statements
- Chair internal handover meetings
Monitoring and Control
- Act as the key point of contact for the customer
- Monitor progress against all key activities and milestones
- Maintain a revision controlled project programme for each project
- Ensure quality control documentation is collated with the support of QS, monitor project expenditure and labour costs
- Monitor the project for any financial, commercial, quality or programme risks
- Ensure that sit installation teams are supplied with all information and documentation necessary for successful completion
- Liaise with allocated installation supervisors to monitor progress and ensure time, cost and quality objectives are achieved
- Ensure all works on site are undertaken in accordance with safe working practices and current H&S Legislation
- With support of QS, maintain an accurate cost plan and profit forecast for each project
- Attend monthly financial reviews for each project, reporting on cost-to-complete, progress to date.
- With support of QS, ensure project invoicing is completed inline with agreed payment terms
- Support the preparation of valuations for interim applications for payment
- Working with the QS, ensure any required adjustments to the final project sum are calculated and agreed.
- Previous experience in the delivery of LSF/LGS/Cold-rolled steel structural (load bearing) solutions into the built environment. Related industry sectors, such as timber frames will be considered
- Capable of managing multiple projects of sub-contract packages up to £4 million, with a track record of successful project completion and repeat clients
- Able to take holistic project management accountability over design, manufacturing and site installation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Project MS Office applications
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Capability to organise and prioritise workloads effectively and on own initiative
- Takes initiative and ownership for their work and able represent the company’s interests in a professional and collaborative manner.
- Encourages a positive culture through commitment to the company’s vision, mission,and goals.
- Remains balanced and rational when dealing with others at all times.
- CSCS as a minimum; SMSTS or IOSH desirable
A valid driving licence is essential as the role will involve travel and possibly over night stays as required.