£Competitive / Dependant on experience
Live Events/Direct Marketing/Online/Offline/Advertising/ Email/Social Media/Webinars/Reader Surveys
- Execute commercial marketing plans, producing high quality, response-driven marketing campaigns that integrate online and offline marketing activities, using a full range of cost-effective and targeted promotional techniques (including direct marketing, advertising, email marketing, social media marketing, live events, webinars, reader surveys)
- Writes, in conjunction with the sales teams, and edits high quality, compelling copy, which is accurate and grammatically correct, making sure that all printed and online communications demonstrate the defined value proposition for the brand
- Drives marketing qualified leads for the sales team to convert into new revenue opportunities - offline and online channels
- Collaborates with the sales teams to identify areas for data enhancement or new data build.
- Liaises with the data vendor to ensure agreed data projects are being delivered on time and with high levels of relevancy
- Liaises with key existing commercial partners to develop client marketing strategies that return a positive ROI for the client
- Develops sophisticated commercial engagement strategies which are delivered throughout the annual sales cycle, and that drive client retention year on year, as well as liaising with the sales teams to develop in-house exhibitor engagement events that educate new and existing customers about the company's commercial proposition
- Establishes and maintains a close relationship with the industry organisation to develop a toolkit of sophisticated multi-platform marketing solutions for commercial clients
- Collaborates with the event directors, marketing brand holders and sales teams to support existing creative concepts being used for new commercial marketing activities and identifies solutions to create comprehensive bespoke marketing pursuit campaigns that generate new revenue opportunities
- Produces timely and accurate marketing campaign reports for agreed commercial marketing key performance indicators and marketing spend to track campaign effectiveness and ensure adherence to agreed budgets
- Creates and maintains effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, in particular the sales teams and third-party partners, via telephone, written communication and face-to-face meetings, ensuring marketing activity is fully aligned to the needs of the commercial strategy
- Provides regular status updates to key contacts (Marketing, Sales, Event Directors) on progress and potential concerns relating to promotional activity and general workload
- Demonstrates industry awareness and understanding across the commercial landscape in those defined products and across the wider portfolio, identifying key competitors, monitoring commercial opportunities and marketing activity, highlighting changing marketing techniques and identifying opportunities for best practice process improvements and sales collateral development
- Develop and maintain the brand to assist in effective sales communication.
- Review visitor data post show and pass on relevant sales contacts to the teams.
- Provide post show support to aid rebook - using data from scanners & web stats
- Understanding of marketing principles, developments and new techniques and demonstrated experience in campaign management
- Project management and organisation skills and ability to manage simultaneous projects to tight deadlines and to prioritise tasks that deliver greatest revenue opportunities
- Ability to develop a deep understanding of the commercial landscape and products
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written - and a strong track record of creating compelling and effective communications
- Copy writing, proof reading skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills and awareness of digital and online platforms
- Exemplary interpersonal skills and team-working
- Client facing skills, speaking to high profile sponsors
- Computer literate with good knowledge of I.T. including Office packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook
If you wish to discuss the role in further details please do not hesitate to contact Jobfinders.
If you do not receive a response from us within three days, please do assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Please refer to our website for details of other positions available and thank you for your application