A temporary to permanent contract has arisen for an Electrician in Guildford at both HMP Send/ HMP Coldingley.
Your new company
The National Offender Management Services are there to ensure people serve the sentences and orders handed out by courts, both in prisons and in the community. Within England and Wales, NOMS is responsible for the running of prison and probation services, are dedicated to the rehabilitation services for prisoners leaving prison, making sure support is available to stop people offending again and contract managing private sector prisons and services such as the Prisoner Escort Service and electronic tagging.
Working with both public and private sector customers, this market leading Facilities Management organisation has around 20,000 employees. This large provider of Public Services manages vital infrastructure and business services and is committed to transforming the delivery of customer experience, service quality and cost for its customers.
Your new role
We are seeking to appoint a reliable and trustworthy full time Electrician to join our hardworking and friendly team. Main Duties:
- Assemble, install, test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances and fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components
- Installation of electrical supplies, fire alarms and security systems
- Rewiring and updating of electrical boards
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjusting or repair and to ensure compliance with codes
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures based on job specifications and local codes of practice.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring equipment and fixtures using testing devices such as voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of system
What you'll need to succeed
- You must be a fully qualified and approved electrician with a valid ECS card
- You must be able to test and inspect, certify and sign off all your own work, this is essential
- It is a must to have City & Guilds 2391 or equivalent
- Good understanding and attitude towards Health & Safety requirements
- Confidently able to resolve any electrical issue that may present themselves
- You will be required to carry out a standard NOMS DBS clearance.
- Good representation and appearance for the company at all times
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.