Indirect Procurement Buyer - Clear Progression
Indirect Procurement Buyer - Multiple Categories - FTSE250 Pharmaceutical Firm - Berkshire or Middlesex - Clear Career Progression Path - £30,000 - £40,000 + Package
This multi-national, FTSE250 organisation is growing their Procurement function in the UK, and as such they are looking to take on a talented Indirect Procurement Buyer to support the UK and Global procurement team in a range of categories. Due to the nature of the role, this opportunity will allow the successful candidate to choose which categories they wish to focus on Marketing or Professional Services in the future, to fully take control of their career path. With clear progression opportunities into Procurement Manager within 12 - 18 months, this is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious procurement professional.
Role Overview; Indirect Procurement Buyer:
- Supporting the Senior Procurement Manager in developing category strategies across a range of Indirect categories, including but limited to Marketing and Professional Services
- Engaging and negotiating with new and existing suppliers to develop long-term, commercially fruitful relationships
- Delivering excellent cost savings through strategic sourcing activities, whilst ensuring quality and value are upheld
- Establishing procurement as a value-add function in the business, engaging with Senior Internal Stakeholders across the company in the UK and Europe
Procurement Background and Requirements:
- A strong background in strategic sourcing and engaging across the full end-to-end Procurement process, including RFI/RFQ, tendering, contracts and post-contract award management
- A CV showing outstanding savings achieved on large, complex spends across a variety of Indirect Categories, such as IT, Professional Services and Facilities Management
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills; negotiating and influencing at all seniority levels across both internal and external stakeholders
- A passion for procurement and a desire to progress within a procurement function
As this global giant continues to expand their Procurement Function, the Senior Buyer will see their responsibilities increase as they are developed into a Procurement Manager. Working with Senior Stakeholders and the Head of Procurement out of their central London offices, this opportunity will see the Indirect Procurement Buyer gain invaluable experience in a FTSE 250.
For more information, email an up-to-date CV to
Keywords: Procurement, Procurement Buyer, Senior Buyer, Procurement Manager, Buyer, Purchasing, CIPS, Indirect, Senior Procurement Buyer, Indirect Procurement Buyer, Marketing, Marketing Procurement, Professional Services Procurement, Professional Services, HR Procurement, Berkshire, Middlesex