Area Sales Manager
Area Sales Manager - We are looking for an ambitious and driven Midlands based, experienced sales professional to sell food processing / packaging, capital equipment based solutions into the food manufacturing / bakery sector.
SALARY: Up to £50,000, OTE; Up to £67,000
BENEFITS: Business expensed company car (Audi A4 / BMW 3 level) + Access to full company benefits scheme.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: This is a Midlands based role covering the Greater Midlands and Wales.
YOU WILL MOST PROBABLY LIVE IN OR AROUND ANY OF THE FOLLOWING AREAS: Coventry, Rugby, Leamington Spa, Daventry, Northampton, Stratford-Upon-Avon, Redditch, Worcester, Kidderminster, Solihull, Nuneaton, Tamworth, Cannock, Telford, Stafford, Burton on Trent, Derby, Coalville, Loughborough, Leicester, Milton Keynes, Banbury, Telford, Shrewsbury, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Grantham, Kettering, Peterborough.
JOB SPECIFICATION - Area Sales Manager
* This role will focus on the sale of capital equipment / food processing equipment / food packaging equipment to bakers / the bakery industry.
* This is a technical, consultative / solution sales role – working with customers from the bakery sector and selling solutions
from the business’ wide range of principals / manufacturers.
* You will be visiting new and existing customers from across the Midlands / Wales region and principals in Europe.
This is a strategic sales role where customers are targeted and approached as per the company’s business plan.
* You will be given some house accounts to manage and from those (alongside new business from leads and self-generation)
You will be targeted at generating £1.25m of turnover annually. Average order values are circa £200k.
REQUIREMENTS - Area Sales Manager
Ideally you will have a proven track record of sales success, selling capital equipment into the food industry and especially the bakery sector.
THE COMPANY WILL ALSO CONSIDER APPLICANTS WITH ANY OF THE FOLLOWING BACKGROUNDS:
* Experience of selling another (technical) product or solution into the Bakery market.
* A trained Baker with a good technical understanding who wants to get into sales.
This could also be a project manager / engineer / buyer working in a Bakery.
* Excellent track record of sales success of capital equipment to a different sector.
* The company will also consider a service or project engineer currently working within the Bakery market who wants to move into a front line sales role.
• Regardless of background, you must be capable of a technical / consultative sales approach.
• You will most probably have an engineering qualification and be an enthusiastic, driven and professional person with aspirations of taking a primary role in the development and growth of a company.
Prospects are genuinely good. There is a logical path into management for the right candidate.
We are a very well respected and profitable distributor of capital equipment into the food processing / food manufacturing / food packaging industry.
Profitable and well regarded within our niche industry, this is a period of growth and expansion for us – and this recruitment is a significant part of that development.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Stuart Platt quoting Area Sales Manager - Bakery and reference SP1704-20 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683320 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.