Position: Possession Planner, Rail
Location: Braintree, Essex
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Car Allowance + Pension + Healthcare + Life Assurance + 25 days holiday
A busy Tier 2 Contractor are looking for a Possession Planner to plan and co-ordinate access to the Rail Infrastructure to allow works to take place safely in accordance to Rail standards. The Possession Planner will be responsible for planning safe systems for work on or near the rail lines.
- Attend all possession meetings with the client.
- Establish good working knowledge of the geographical railway infrastructure, for the area of project/works
- Ensure all required documentation is completed accurately and on time.
- Advise management and COSS/Supervisor on plan and requirements. Ensure their understanding, manage enquiries from site and advise accordingly.
- Maintain a good understanding and working knowledge of and plan safe systems of work.
- Assist in planning protection arrangements.
- Work closely with the client to identify all available possessions to optimise working and to maintain the project program.
- Ensure the possession requests are submitted in line with the possession planning timescales.
- Work closely with Line Safety Staff and Operatives and safely, as set out in the Rule Book.
- Submit the possession request forms using the PPS system.
- Brief all appropriate management and construction teams on possession arrangements, planning possession/protection arrangements.
- Review and report on possession performance and utilisation.
- Responsible for the planning and requesting of any line blockages, required to complete work, safely, on Rail Infrastructure
What's in it for you?
- Competitive basic salary
- Attractive benefits package
- Stability, Development and Progression
To do this role you must have:
- Experience of working with Rail Contracts.
- Leadership, initiative and decision minded
- Able to work as member of a team and with good communication skills
- PPS planning access
- Hold an in date PTS
- Certificated as a Controller of Site Safety [COSS]
- Able to carry out work on Rail Controlled Infrastructure, preferably with previous experience of carrying out the duties of a COSS.
- A good understanding of railway geography and working.
Sound like your DREAM JOB? Submit your CV or contact Lauren Jenkins at Randstad CPE London. Not quite right for you but perfect for a mate? - Refer someone now and get £200 if we place them!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.