Business Development Manager
Consider yourself as a pro at selling into the public sector? A keen and motivated BDM that understands the public sector process and is driven to bring in new business? If so this is the role for you!
You will be responsible for proactively selling the companies full portfolio of products & solutions primarily to new customers within the Public Sector across Scotland, the Midlands & the North of England.
You will report to the General Manager, Sales, and assist them in developing our business strategy for the UK Public Sector, support its delivery, and help assess its outcomes.
As part of this role you will be responsible for sourcing and developing new business opportunities whilst at the same time maximising opportunities from the existing customer base within the Sector, seeking cross selling opportunities across all products and services.
Maintaining a target-driven mentality is paramount together with a strong focus on achieving clear goals & objectives. The role requires a high level of determination and a dedication to being totally customer focused. Resilience & a strong desire to succeed are other important attributes for this demanding yet rewarding role.
Good organisational & planning skills, attention to detail, excellent communication skills & the ability to persuade & close sales are all key requirements for this role.
You will have experience of working within a complex & highly dynamic organisation, be comfortable working to challenging delivery timescales with associated Key Performance Indicators, be skilled & experienced in balancing the needs of the customer against the business needs of the company, and able to work effectively & consistently with a diverse, multi-disciplined range of teams and individuals.
- Identify new opportunities within the UK Public Sector to sell/ cross-sell products & services;
- Develop & maintain knowledge of the various UK Public Sector Procurement channels, including Portals;
- Build, maintain & manage relationships with key Public Sector Procurement stakeholders, to establish & exploit potential bid opportunities within the Public Sector;
- Build, maintain & manage relationships with key Private Sector Business Partners, such as Facilities Management & Construction companies, to establish and exploit potential sub-contract opportunities within the Public Sector;
- Maintain accurate records within SalesForce for all customer/ influencer activity;
- Develop & design a strategic Public Sector Business Plan in conjunction with General Manager, Sales;
- Maintain productive relationships with key internal stakeholders;
- Adhere to all Company Policies & Procedures;
- Maintain a keen understanding of Public Sector trends, developments & best practices, deploying these within the organisation as appropriate;
- Act as internal Subject Matter Expert on Public Sector issues within the wider Sales Team (Regional Sales & National Accounts)
What You'll be Doing
- Build capability for organisation within the Public Sector;
- Achieve or exceed Sales Installation OV targets;
- Ensure that CRM records (Inc. Diaries) are maintained promptly and accurately;
- Maintain a regular liaison with identified Key Influencers (Public & Private Sector);
- Proactively research, identify & convert new business opportunities;
- Always ensure the highest standards of customer care in line with QSP
- Display the required commitment and enthusiasm to work hard in achieving the required activity levels needed to support target achievement.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve or exceed monthly sales targets;
- Achieve or exceed individual monthly quote output targets for number and value based upon individual conversion rate;
- Achieve or exceed individual monthly Influencer target;
- Achieve or exceed agreed role activity levels;
- Contribute to improved Win Rate within Public Sector measured via organisations Bid Process.
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Why not listen to some of the inspiring stories from our candidates and their one piece of career advice. It's just a few of the thousands of people who have found success in their working lives with Randstad. Visit www.randstad.co.uk/how-i-became to find out what you could become.