Investment Appraisal Analyst
Robert Half is pleased to be recruiting an Investment Appraisal Analyst to work for a leading retailer based in Coventry. The role is on a permanent basis to provide financial analysis to support investment decision making within the property team.
- Producing investment appraisals, outputs and key sensitivities for store investment and acquisition appraisals to enable investment decision makers to make effective and informed decisions on investment proposals.
- Preparing post investment reviews on all major store investments, identifying actual performance and comparing this to the appraisal assumptions
- Providing peer review of financial appraisals and models, including checking credibility of financial model used and challenging assumptions used.
- Liaising with the various departments and individuals to obtain the information required to carry out investment appraisals
- Providing challenge and making recommendations to the assumptions used in the appraisal process and providing an assessment of the risk and sensitivities of the key results.
- Ensuring investment appraisal work has integrity and that the key financial assumptions are consistent with corporate financial guidelines
- Helping to identify potential risks and areas of value creation from potential investments
- Presenting written and oral financial assessments, summarising the outcomes and the key financial aspects, and recommendations for decision makers.
- Communicating results in a clear and concise manner.
- Ensuring that delivery of all outputs meets overall team's objectives/deliverables/timescales
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Typically a part or fully qualified accountant with experience of working with non-finance business partners.
- Strong financial modelling and Excel skills
- Experience of commercial or analytical work
- Knowledge of different investment appraisal techniques
- Strong impact, influencing and communication skills to successfully relate, liaise and influence customers and senior managers
- Strong planning and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work in a cross functional environment
- Knowledge of Property Finance an advantage
In addition the individual must be:
- Customer focused
- Highly Motivated
- Willing to take ownership
- Excellent communicator (written & oral)
- Able to work though complex problems/tasks
- Deadline and results driven
Please apply now with a recent version of your CV for immediate consideration.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.