Rail Civil Construction Manager / CRE
Our client is a principal contractor delivering engineering works for Network Rail around the country. Due to ongoing business growth we are looking to recruit a civil engineering construction manager with a solid multidisciplinary background to supervise the civils and track elements of a major rail engineering scheme in Glasgow.
The successful applicant will be managing the construction of track, signalling, telecoms and M&E systems taking responsibility for the civils interface with all of these systems. You will be responsible for ensuring projects are completed safely, on time and on budget.
To apply for this role you must meet the following criteria:
- Proven rail civil engineering experience
- Construction management background
- Track / permanent way experience
- Ideally currently previously approved as a CRE
- Ideally degree qualified in civil engineering
- Experience interfacing with other non-civils disciplines
- History of delivering projects on time and to budget
- Applicants will have risen through the engineering ranks and be able to demonstrate strong technical knowledge to back up their management skills
- Commitment to health and safety as the first priority
- Stakeholder management experience
- Commercial / budgetary acumen
- Excellent motivational skills; leads by example
- Happy to work weekends and nights as required.
- Permanently eligible to work in the UK and currently based in the country
This is a salaried position on a two year fixed term contract based in Glasgow. There will be an element of weekend and night working as part of this role. All efforts will be made at the end of the two year period to retain the successful applicant on a different project. For more information, please submit your application to the address below or call 0113 203 1244.