Technical Lead / Operations Agile CI/CD
Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager London to £90k
Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager (Agile CI/CD). Global, award winning Visual Effects software house is seeking a Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager to be responsible for understanding, driving and improving efficiency and effectiveness of product release process; your role will encompass capacity planning, financial tracking as well as training, administration and resourcing.
There are currently twenty six different VFX products used by major film studios across the globe to develop stunning Visual Effects – new product releases are often ground breaking and unprecedented so you’ll need to use your experience to estimate and deliver entirely Greenfield development projects for desktop products.
The primary responsibility of the Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager is to enable the delivery of software product releases on time and to quality and budget constraints. You’ll work closely with the Development Manager and Product Managers to ensure product roadmaps and release plans are aligned to engineering resourcing plans and be responsible for establishing a common framework for product releases. You’ll utilise your technical background to manage the DevOps team (c6 engineers) and have 3-4 Project managers reporting to you.
This Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager role presents an excellent opportunity to make a positive impact on a successful company within a dynamic and exciting industry. Offices based in a vibrant area in the heart of Central London with an informal software house environment and casual dress code.
- Ability to generate deliverables that provide insights into engineering’s capacity and demand, identify and manage risk, support early detection of project execution issues and provide fact-based information and analyses to various stakeholders
- Strong technical background with a thorough knowledge of software release cycles for desktop applications
- Ability to provide project insights, analysis and trade-offs
- Good knowledge of Agile development methodologies and a pragmatic approach as to when to use them
- Advanced organisation skills, able to multi-task across multiple Product workstreams and deliverables, spanning financial planning, capacity planning, and project planning / execution
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management and technical leadership skills
As a Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager you can expect to earn a competitive salary (to £90k) plus bonus and benefits package.
Send your CV or call for a confidential discussion about this Technical Lead / Engineering Operations Manager opportunity.