Estimator - Bristol
EstimatorLocation: BristolSalary: £50000 - £60000
My client is a leading independently owned Construction Company, operating across the UK and Ireland. They are passionate about delivering quality projects and client satisfaction; and always deliver on their promises and ensure excellence in all that they do. They currently undertaking a variety of large-scale projects between with contract values ranging from £0.5m - £30m and have very impressive growth plans throughout 2017/2018.
Purpose of Role:
My client has secured exceptional and landmark projects across a broad range of sectors, reflecting our depth of resource and expertise to deliver solution based contracts. Based across various sites within London, our Quantity Surveyors (QS) play a vital role in the success of these projects; responsible for the effective management of the commercial function of their site/s.
Main Responsibilities:The job as Senior Estimator, reporting to Commercial Director focussing on £Multi-M kudos projects in civil and structural projects in South West. Have great potential for career advancement & promotions. The job purpose is ensuring tenders aid in meeting business objectives through preparation and delivery of financially robust bids. More specifically capturing client requirements, prepare preliminaries, estimate costs, bid management, tender adjudication, value engineering, assess & award sub-contractors, and foster productive relationships internally & externally.
- Responsible for preparation of Tender submissions for Civil Engineering projects
- Analyse subcontract, material and plant for best and complete value
- Attend mid and post tender interviews * Cost planning
- Measuring & ‘Quantity Take-Off’
- Produce price & final summary for review
- Any other duties as may be required.
- Preferably degree qualified in Quantity Surveying or Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Experienced in working to SMM7, with knowledge of NRM2
- Ideally experienced in using CAD measuring systems
- Causeway would be an advantage but training will be given to the suitable candidate.
- Sound commercial acumen
- A confident communicator with all members of staff; a team player. You must have excellent interpersonal skills; maintain good working relationships with colleagues, clients, and suppliers and have a personable character.
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to adhere to strict deadlines on a daily & weekly basis
- 37.5hour week. Monday - Thursday, 09.00am to 5.30pm (1 hour lunch). Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm (½ hour lunch).
- 26* days holiday. Please note, there is an annual Christmas shutdown, staff are required to hold days from their entitlement for this period. (*Plus 8 days Bank Holidays)
- Staff car park is currently available at our Office.
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme To apply, please send over your CV to the Recruitment team.