Robert Half is currently recruiting for a Financial Controller for a growing SME in Leicestershire.
Reporting directly into the Managing Director this role will see you manage all finance related activities involved in running a business. You will directly manage one other accountant and a small transactional finance team.
Some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Oversee the production of management accounts
- Produce and communicate budgets across the business
- Analysis of sales data, including presentation of results
- Management of company payroll
- Complete all statutory reporting requirements
- Continually improve processes, and drive a continuous improvement culture across the team
- MI reporting: including daily, weekly and monthly reports
The right person for this role will be a qualified accountant who has operated in fast-paced SME environments previously. You will be given complete autonomy to run your department so will have operated in a Financial Controller role previously.
Some of your key skills / experiences will be:
- Key communicator, with experience interacting up to board level
- Highly competent on systems, with advanced excel skills
- Experience of managing / developing a finance team
- Exposure to dealing with import / export activities
The company is a Sub £25m turnover business with manufacturing facilities based in the UK that sell mostly across B2B channels throughout the UK and Europe.
They are a close-knit team that operate at a high-pace therefore someone should be prepared that they are going to come into a tough but highly rewarding position. The business has large aspirations and is therefore looking for someone to join who can continue to develop themselves as the role becomes larger and more complex in line with the business. The business is also going through a large system implementation as a basis for their next stage of growth.
Salary and Benefits
The organisation is looking to pay between £55,000 and £65,000 for the right candidate. Salary will be based upon experience, and the business is prepared to be competitive to attract the right calibre of candidate.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.