Location: Near St Ives, Huntingdon
Hours: Full time, permanent
Salary: £25 - 30,000p.a. Depending on experience
Benefits include: 22 days holiday, increasing to 25 days after 1 years full service (excluding Bank Holidays); company pension and after a 6 month probation period there is also private health care or gym membership.
Are you able to deliver efficient, effective and flexible solutions to meet production requirements? Can you maintain strong relationships both internally and externally to ensure the supply of materials meets its requirements? If so then we want to hear from you!
Our client based near St Ives are looking for an enthusiastic Materials Planner to report to the Commercial Manager and to ensure the supply of materials meet the production schedule and minimum stock levels to maintain the operational and production continuity.
General and Task Management
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier to the customer
- Assess volume requirements against planning assumptions
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Understand and manage risks to minimise impact on production schedule
- Take follow up actions in relation to material shortages that affect production
- Implement all processes to agreed standards and targets and support continuous improvement initiatives and identify areas of improvement
- Utilise any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date and resolve any issues as required
- Monitor the integrity of sage system data
- Monitor inventory levels against agreed target levels
- Support inventory checks to validate inventory accuracy
- Minimise obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others in the organisation
- Collaborate with internal and external customers to forecast, plan and facilitate on-time deliveries to customers, whilst minimising disruption to supplier's production
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries made on time in line with service level agreement
- Develop and implement processes and work with suppliers on continuous improvement initiatives
- Support supplier meetings and negotiations to ensure demand for materials is met
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance in conjunction the Commercial Manager
- Working within a manufacturing environment is essential
- Current experience working as a Materials Planner, Production Planner or Scheduler is required.
- Good communicator with the ability to form and maintain good relationships internally and externally
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills
- Commercial and financial awareness with a full understanding of how failure impacts the costs, production & customer order fulfilment
- Results orientated and organised with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines
- Strong analytical, planning and problem solving skills
- Project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail skills
Neaves & Neat Employment Services Ltd. are acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.