Sous Chef - 23-25K + 3K tips - amazing benefits - Ipswich
At Select Norwich we are currently recruiting for a talented and experienced Sous Chef on behalf of our client, a luxury boutique hotel and brasserie style restaurant based just over 5 miles from Ipswich town centre.
The client is part of a well-known and respected group, who offer incredible benefits to employees, as well as a generous salary, with excellent scope for progression within the group.
- The Sous Chef will work closely with the Head Chef and Executive chef, ensuring exceptionally high standards are consistently maintained
- Cook skilfully using fresh, locally sourced, seasonal ingredients
- Delegate, instruct and motivate within the team
- Use passion, flair and knowledge of seasonal, local ingredients to create innovative dishes for the changing menu
- The Sous Chef must constantly strive for perfection, leading and being solely responsible for the kitchen in the Head Chef's absence
- Excel under pressure, remaining positive and focused within the high volume establishment to guarantee that quality is never compromised
Experience and Skills required
- Experience within high volume establishment is essential, often the restaurant will serve 200+ covers daily
- Sous chef must be comfortable and skilled working with fresh ingredients
- Some previous experience in banqueting
- Ambitious and driven
Salary and Benefits
- £23-25K + 3K tips annually
- Excellent benefits after 3 months including 50% discount on rooms for friends and family and discount on drinks
- Straight shifts
- 28 days holiday
- 2 days off weekly (generally consecutive)
- Dry cleaning service for chef whites
- Amazing opportunity for progression within highly respected group
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Lily Walker on 01603 625562 at our Norwich office.