Principal Geotechnical Engineer
What you will do:
- Provide geotechnical design input to engineering projects with a focus on analytical design;
- Reporting for geotechnical works including slope stability, foundations, retaining structures, earthworks and ground improvement;
- Client contact and liaison;
- Project management and the preparation of proposals and tenders relevant to the business;
- Scoping of investigations;
- Identify training and support needs for individuals within the department to ensure technical competence;
- Carry out regular design reviews in accordance with the Quality Management System.
- Degree in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering
- Chartered Engineer
- Knowledge of Network Rail and Highways Agency Specification and Standards preferred, but any geotechnical background will be considered
- Valid UK driving license
- Commercially/financially aware with project management experience
- Self-motivated, good interpersonal skills and excellent communicator
- Ability to manage, mentor and support staff
- MSc in Geotechnical Engineering or similar would be an advantage
- Having a PTS, IWA or other rail safety qualification would be an advantage
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.