Senior Geotechnical Engineer

Recruiter
Kenton Black
Location
Leicester
Salary
£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits 0
Posted
11 Apr 2017
Closes
11 May 2017
Sector
Engineering
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - New Build Housing Developer - Midlands

The Opportunity:
Our client has a unique opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their growing business. After 30 years of growth they now have 3 regional offices building affordable homes throughout Leicestershire, the West Midlands, Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Sheffield, Leeds, Derbyshire, Hull, the Welsh borders and as far south as Bedfordshire.

The business specialises new build housing utilising timber frame construction techniques with around 40% of their product being built for private sale and the remaining 60% built for Social Housing clients, with my client building on both brown-field and green-field sites.

Current turnover is circa £110m with a projected increase to £300m in five years time. With a large land bank and achievable growth strategy in place this is an excellent opportunity for the ideal candidate with the business currently booming having only recently opened two new Regional Offices to facilitate future growth. Part of this growth strategy is to remain as self sufficient as possible, as a result the business are looking to bring in their first in-house Geotechnical Engineer and to move away from subcontract / consultancy dependency.

Responsibilities:
Project Management
Interpretative Report Writing
Production of Remediation Strategy Reports
Ensure health and safety procedures, quality and environmental management are adhered to at all times
Conducting ground investigations
Material management

Criteria:
Minimum 5 years experience in Ground Engineering.
Experience of new build housing developments / new build construction background.
Degree educated in a Geological or Geotechnical discipline.
MSc and / or Chartered preferred.
Understanding of current UK legislation and design codes.
A full UK driving license

Rewards / Incentives:
Up to £50,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Car allowance
Benefits including company profit share scheme

To express your interest please contact Chris Wright 0121 237 3700 or 07921 079521