IT Services Project Manager
At Gist Limited we are constantly raising the standard in everything we do to achieve our vision of being the customer's first choice for logistics innovation, excellence and partnership.
We recognise that the key to our success is our people. For us to deliver the best service to our customers, maintain a strong reputation and continue to grow we need to recruit and develop the right people.
What's the opportunity?
As an IT Services Project Manager at our busy head office, you will be responsible for leading significant IT Infrastructure Projects using skill and experience in the implementation and improvement of ITIL-based services, datacentre services, hardware and networks.
You will play an active role in ensuring best practise in ITIL, Project Management and analysis within Gist. You will also provide an escalation point both 'In Hours' and 'Out of Hours' for IT support on a rota basis for major incidents, liaising with and coordinating the activities of our service providers in seeking an effective resolution to incidents.
- Working with the IT Management and Architecture Team and partners to capture and analyse requirements to design and deliver effective IT infrastructure solutions.
- Providing effective Project Management in the definition, documentation and successful completion of IT infrastructure and services projects ranging in size and complexity.
- Provide, when required, full assistance to the Major Incident Management Team during those major incidents that require close coordination of our service and infrastructure partners' support teams. This element of the role will be required on a rota basis across a 24/7/52 operating environment.
- Assist in the implementation of IT services and systems into new and existing businesses from initial design and documentation through to successful installation, training and review.
- Contributes and influences IT policy and strategy across the Gist business and works collaboratively and adheres to our parent companies IT policies.
- Attendance and participation in IT Supplier review meetings
- Mentoring of IT personnel within the IT Services Team and the wider IT teams as and when required
- Ensuring the Gist IT Teams adhere to the IT Services Acceptance Into Service
What will you need to succeed?
- At least 3 years' experience in IT.
- A background in the successful delivery of IT infrastructure and service management projects including server, networks and desk side technologies
- Possess a broad knowledge of IT technologies, business and business functions in one or more business sectors and understand the significance of commercial constraints
- Proficient in Incident Management including driving and resolving major incidents in business critical environments
- Proficient in trouble shooting complex IT Solutions
- Proficient analytical skills
- Proficient in running Change Advisory Board meetings
- Proficient in driving Problem Management Investigations with multiple teams across multiple technologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant technologies, development life-cycles and strong interpersonal skills
- Drive and enthusiasm for identifying and delivering effective solutions
- The experience, empathy and presence to work well with, and gain the trust of the Gist operations during business impacting service incidents
- Proficient in business process improvement techniques
- Proficient in spotting trends through incident and problem management and proactive in identify and implementing solutions
- Expert in Project Management
- Principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through to implementation. e.g PRINCE.
- Proficient in Project Risk Management
- Proficient in Corporate, Industry and Professional Standards
- Proficient in Structured Reviews
- Proficient in Business Process Improvement Techniques
- Experience working as an IT engineer
- Experience working in an IT support function
- Experience working in and IT commercial function
- Experience in IT licensing principals
- Awareness and experience the role of IT Supply / Vendor Management
- Experience of supply chain operations such as warehousing, transport or logistics
- Proficient in putting business case proposals together to justify IT investment across technologies in the business
- Aware of Contract Management
- Aware of Customer Value Chain Concepts
- Proficient in Business Proposals
Where will Gist take you?
We are always focused on developing our people to enable them to reach their full potential. If you have the drive, aspiration and flexibility required, we can offer excellent development opportunities to ensure you build a successful and rewarding career with Gist.
We offer an attractive benefits package, which includes a competitive basic salary, pension, healthcare, bonus and 25 days annual leave (pro rata).
Gist Limited is a leading UK supply chain company with a history that spans over 100 years.
We are one of the fastest growing Logistics companies in Europe, supporting some of the biggest names in the food and beverage industry. Gist has a turnover of €600m, and is a leading player in the perishable and chilled sector, although Gist's 2000+ customers cover a wide range of commercial and industrial sectors. Our 5,000 employees operate from 40+ locations in the UK and continental Europe.