My client are a national contractor, who work across several key sectors including Offices; Technology, Science & Health; Retail; Hospitality & Leisure; Education & Public Sector. As a result of expansion and winning new projects, they are currently looking to recruit an experienced Estimator to work with them on a permanent basis.
You will be working on predominantly retail and fit out projects in a live environment. Projects are quick turnaround; 6 - 8 weeks on average. The projects are national, and our client has the frameworks for two of the UK's largest supermarkets. You will be office based in Leeds; and you may be required to attending ad hoc meetings on site occasionally.
As an Estimator, you will be comfortable working independently and will need little in the way of guidance or training - a proven track record in the retail or fit out sector is essential. You will be responsible for:
- An understanding of full pricing strategies within the construction sector from schedule of rates to traditional tendering process
- Experience in a wide variety of contracts
- Worked across various industry sectors including both public and private sectors
- A high degree of numerical ability
- Effective communication and team working skills
- A conscientious and a self-disciplined approach
- Ability to effectively control cost and value
- Competent working knowledge of Word, Outlook and excellent Excel skills
- This is an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor, who has experience working in the general contracting sector. The ideal candidate will be confident and able to make decisions in a close knit environment.
You must have a full driving licence, as travel will be required to sites.
The salary on offer is negotiable and depending on experience + company vehicle and package.
If you are interested in this vacancy and would like to apply, please send your CV to Jessica at Bromak using the contact details provided.