PROJECT COST CONTROLLER
Get Recruited are working on behalf of a growing landscape design, manufacture and landscape construction company based in London. The Project Cost Controller position is important in enabling the construction department in delivering their commercial and operational requirements and in assisting in general with the growth and development of the company.
We are looking for a motivated and hard-working individual to fill this position who will enjoy the challenge of working in a small but fast growing company and being part of an ambitious professional team dedicated to growing a business.
- The Project Cost Controller works in the construction department alongside the Construction Department Manager, Construction/Site managers and the Technical Co-ordinator and under the direction of the Construction Director.
- The main role is to oversee and manage the day to day running of the company's initial contract pricing, the financial management of active contracts including supplier management, and the contract administration management of active projects.
- The Project Cost Controller has a responsibility to work with the other parts of the construction department and the accounts department to actively assist with the completion of projects on time, on budget and to the company's exacting standards of workmanship and service.
- Responsible for provision of Project Control to all the company Projects
- Responsible for the production of weekly reports on financial status of all construction projects within the company
- Responsible for assisting the project team in delivering, progressing and maintaining projects to programme schedules and budget
- Responsible for managing the process for the delivery of tender returns by the company
- Responsible for managing the process of receiving tender returns from suppliers
- Responsible for evaluating and raising all certificates for payment to the company
- Responsible for raising all invoicing to all clients
- Responsible for raising all purchase orders for all suppliers
- Responsible for reconciling all purchase invoices with purchase orders
- Responsible for managing all labour payment processes
- Responsible for managing all debtors
- Responsible for managing documentation of all delays, instructions, and contract events that lead to cost to the company and claims for payment to/by the company
- Responsible for assessing the cost of all delays and providing appropriate documentation to enable a claim for costs under contract
- Responsible for the management of all supplier accounts, labour, materials, services to ensure best terms and process are received by the company on existing accounts
- Responsible for the development of supplier network
- Liaise with the company accounts team
- Liaise with Clients as required
- Experience of running financial control and contract administration on construction projects with contract sums ranging between £50,000 and £2,000,000
- Experience of working on site and in office and managing site operatives and office teams
- Qualified, degree level in Quantity Surveying, Contracts Management or Similar
- High attention to detail in financial management and good numerical skills
- Depth of experience in contract administration procedures for main and sub-contractors preferred
- Good time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to work as individual and effectively as part of team
- Ability to motivate within a team - Team Player with a good sense of humour
- Ability to show initiative to resolve problems to help deliver projects on program and budget
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual with excellent attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Professional attitude and experience of professional working environments
- High degree of competence with Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project),
- Confidence in engaging with business management accounting processes
- Knowledge of the implementation of high level finishing works
Please send your CV for immediate consideration