Principal Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer
We are working with a leading MEP Design & Build Contractor to find them a Senior / Principal Mechanical Design Engineer for their London office. Working closely with the MEP Design Managers you will be responsible for providing co-ordinated, energy efficient and detailed HVAC Designs on a range of new build mixed-use or residential projects.
This role will suit a client facing Senior or Principal Mechanical Design Engineer who has worked for both consultants and contractors / developers and has seen a number of major projects through the design process, construction and final handover.
Working in a team of around 25 MEP Design Engineers and Revit / CAD Technicians, the
Senior / Principal Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer will be responsible for;
- Preparing calculations, schematics, drawings, diagrams, outline designs, and specifications.
- Collaborate with other engineers, project managers, suppliers, site installations and construction teams to ensure the programmed doesn't drift.
- Attend regular Design review meetings and progress meetings and on all aspects of the projects and prepare design development reports.
- Manage, monitor and QA the work of Junior and Intermediate Mechanical Engineers.
- Assist Estimators and Project or Construction managers as and when required.
- Ensure that all practices, policies and services represent the client's and our best interests.
- Ensure designs comply with current legislation, British Standards and Codes of Practices.
- Attend testing and commissioning procedures prior to handover.
- Assist in compiling final project documentation and safety file/submittal information, ensuring inclusion into O&M Manuals
Given the nature pf the role, it is likely that the Principal Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer has a minimum of ten years' experience in HVAC Design and has worked for a Design and Build Contractor or a developer and is a clear and confident communicator. Additionally, you must be able to manage their own time and workload efficiently and be able to identify, address and resolve any HVAC Design or coordination issues before they cause a delay in the build programme.
Please note, Principal Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineers who have only worked in consultancy however have gained extensive site experience whilst working on major (£100M+) Residential projects will also be considered. REF 1416