Finance Business Partner
Robert Half is pleased to be representing a leading Financial Services firm based in the West Midlands. My client is looking for a Business Partner to join an expanding team on a permanent basis. This role will deliver operational process improvement and change management within the finance department and across functionality.
- Application of commercial and financial knowledge to influence operational outcomes and deliver results to the Finance managers and relevant business functions.
- Challenge the accuracy, integrity and quality of the assets, liabilities and P&L data being reported.
- Management of resource to ensure all departmental deliverables are defined and delivered accurately and of requisite quality in line with customer timetables.
- Responsible for driving and embedding a culture of financial and commercial challenge.
- Understand and manage the Risk and Control framework that the client operates, applying finance knowledge to ensure departmental risks are evaluated, measured, and mitigated.
- Develop, lead and influence effective relationships with key internal and external contacts and be seen as a subject matter expert and key business stakeholder.
- Define and operationally improve the financial processes, models and systems (e.g. general ledger, forecasting tool and group submission tool). Challenge, develop and implement improvements in efficiency and quality.
- Proactively drive continuous end to end improvement of the client's model in the department to ensure both financial accuracy and correct customer outcome.
- Define and deliver operational MI to executive stakeholders, that drives and influences business action and cross functional understanding as well as process improvement.
- Application of subject matter expertise within Finance, through appropriate engagement with stakeholders to drive long term improvement to operational models.
- Articulate financial concepts, results and impacts to non-financial individuals across all levels of the organisation and to external stakeholders.
- Management of direct and indirect staff in delivering BAU service and management of staff performance.
- Improve team effectiveness through gap analysis, coordinating delivery of objectives, challenging as appropriate and inspiring the team to deliver continuous improvement.
- Deputise for management for operational tasks.
- At least 10 years' experience in a finance environment
- Qualified Accountant
- Experience of working within a regulatory environment
- Experience in implementation of new financial systems and/or processes
- Experience of system interrogation
- Knowledge of operation of General Ledger and policy transaction systems including journal preparation and posting
Salary & Benefits
- Between £40,000 and £50,000
Please apply now with a recent version of your CV for immediate consideration
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.