Business Tax Practice senior, Guildford
Business Tax Senior, Chartered Practice, Guildford, £44,000, CTA
Your new company
My client a leading Chartered Accountancy Practice in Guildford are now looking to increase their tax team within corporate tax.
The Guildford Practice comprising of 8 partners and around 70 staff draws on a wide variety of financial and business expertise to provide a comprehensive range of accountancy and financial advisory services to both corporate and private clients.
Located close to Guildford's mainline railway station and with easy access to major routes into London, they are ideally placed to serve the needs of clients around the Thames Valley and South East of England.
Offering financial advisory support to a diverse corporate client base, but focus primarily on owner managed businesses, entrepreneurs, professional practices and the not-for-profit sector.
Providing a wide range of tax and consulting services to a broad range of companies, from housing associations to owner managed businesses. By being involved at the outset of a transaction they can provide comprehensive advice to minimise the tax exposure, considering all the business tax, VAT, international and employee issues as appropriate.
Purpose of role: As a Senior you will be part of the delivery team on tax advisory and tax compliance services to a wide range of OMBs. Key responsibilities:
- Drafting tax clearances and tax reports
- Technical research
- Prepare business tax computations/tax returns
- Prepare election control sheets and client review sheets
- Review Alphatax/Taxpoint lists to ensure all relevant prompts are cleared and deadlines met
- Contribute at client meetings
- Deals with HMRC correspondence including responding to enquiries
- Prepare billing analyses and draft fee notes
- Review of tax computation and returns prepared by trainees
- Attend internal training sessions
- Provide support to other staff members and partners on chargeable and non-chargeable work when required
- Developing the trainees with both their technical knowledge and portfolio management
- Ensuring relevant client deadlines are met
- Ensuring procedures are adhered to
- Involvement in some departmental administrative tasks
- Must be able to plan workload in order to prioritise work to meet conflicting deadlines and cope with pressure.
- Good written communication skills are necessary to draft correspondence with clients and HMRC to explain technical issues in an easily understandable manner.
- Must have good inter-personal skills to be able to liaise with clients and other staff members.
- Meeting deadlines and responding to client needs.
- Provide link in chain to supervise staff members below and support Directors above.
Candidate Profile Education/Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CA) and/or tax advisor (CTA)
- Significant corporate tax experience gained within the profession and or industry
- Technically capable tax adviser who is able to assist in complex client work
- Demonstrable experience of managing people
- Appetite to grow business development skills
- Strong IT skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.