Accounts Assistant, Practice, Guildford
Chartered Practice Accounts Assistant, Guildford, AAT, £26,000
Your new company
My client a leading Chartered Accountancy Practice in Guildford, are now looking to employer a junior accounts assistant within the Practice.
You MUST have Chartered Accountancy experience to be able to apply for this vacancy
Assurance & Business Services (ABS) provide a range of assurance and business services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups. The portfolio of clients includes businesses with turnovers ranging from £5 million to £250 million. These include privately owned businesses in addition to companies listed on the London Stock Exchange, AIM and PLUSMarkets.
Job Description Purpose of role:
Accurate processing of client's financial data and the preparation of management accounts and associated outputs, within the time frame agreed with the client or required by statute.
- Prepare and input client transactions into computerised ledger system.
- Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts for clients.
- Visiting client offices to undertake onsite accounting needs, where required.
- Attend to VAT Registrations.
- Prepare quarterly VAT/EC Sales list returns from financial information supplied by client.
- Preparation of annual financial statements, including statutory accounts, partnership accounts and sole trader accounts for tax purposes.
- Accuracy - to ensure transactions are processed correctly.
- Judgement - be able to assess a situation and reach a suitable conclusion based on the information available or ask manager where unsure.
- Planning and organisation - needed throughout the process to ensure deadlines are met.
- Customer focuses - develop relationships and gain confidence of client. Ability to attend to client queries and emails on a timely basis, and have flexibility to work on-site at client's premises.
- Use of IT - be able to work on bookkeeping packages and Excel.
- Teamwork - working with colleagues in the team.
- Flexibility - to assist with other ad hoc services that arise from time to time.
Candidate Profile Education/Qualifications:
- Strong academic history.
- Studying towards ACCA or AAT qualification or evidence of suitable work experience.
- Prior experience of computerised accounting packages would be beneficial.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a wider team.
- Results orientated to meet and exceed client expectations, with a key focus on delivering high quality work that consistently meets internal and/or external client deadlines.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.