IT Service Manager - Incident / Problem Management
As IT Service Manager, your primary focus will be undertaking full responsibility of the problem and incident management process within the IT operations team. You'll transform the current process, making improvements and introducing smooth governance processes and reporting.
You'll work with various stakeholders to enhance the problem/incident function and adopt a strict policy for all IT applications and systems. You will act as a primary incident manager for all critical and high priority incidents, owning communications, gaining necessary authorisation for emergency changes in accordance to the change policy.
Specifically, you will:
- Administer and maintain a thorough incident problem management system working to ensure a full knowledge base is established and documented.
- Review all root cause analysis with IT partners and ensure these are documented.
- Work with the IT Service team and support the wider development of the function bringing your ideas, skills and experience.
- Provide reporting on status and performance to the IT and business leadership including risk assessment and risk management of activities.
- Provide leadership to the technology teams and develop a highly effective Incident and Problem Management function to meet the demands of the business.
You'll have significant experience within the IT/business industry and have managed multiple, largely outsourced service teams. Whilst being able to influence senior level management and key stakeholders, you'll also have advanced technical and business knowledge. You will:
- Have a strong understanding of incident and problem management processes according to ITIL guidelines.
- Have experience of dealing with priority incidents.
- Have working knowledge of relevant technologies such as Cloud services, application technologies, virtualisation, shared and dedicated hosting, networking and storage.
- Have strong customer service skills and a good telephone manner.
- Take a diplomatic approach with the ability to remain calm under pressure
- A flexible approach to work.
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.