Systems and Networks Engineer
Systems and Networks Administrator
£35,000 + Benefits (Bonus, Medical Scheme, Contributory Pension)
Systems & Network Administrator now required!
Our client is an internationally expanding, commercial online business. They are looking for an enthusiastic and professional Junior Systems and Networks Administrator to join their growing business. This position is ideal for a candidate who is looking to take the next step in their career.
The organisation pride themselves on their fantastic career opportunities and have a number of individuals that have seen their career soar whilst with the business. With an energetic, collaborative culture they pride themselves on ensuring everyone has their ideas heard and feels part of the organisation.
Working alongside the Systems and Network Administrator you will need experience of managing Windows and Linux servers in a web environment. The role is focused on the build, commissioning, maintenance and tuning of both servers and services in a public-facing website. You will participate in the delivery of projects as well as day to day operational and support issues.
• Knowledge of Build and Configuration Management including use of GIT, Teamcity and other Configuration and Management tools such as Ansible
• Knowledge of Microsoft Build Scripts and ClickOnce would be a plus
• Experience of using an infrastructure as a service cloud platform such as AWS or Azure
• Experience of configuring and managing firewalls, network routing and VPNs
• Experience with security tools such as Nessus, Qualys or Kali Linux would be a plus
• Able to demonstrate an understanding of the security aspects concerning Web Applications and how to meet their requirements
• Looks to automate where possible to improve the efficiency, robustness and reliability of our build and deployment process
• Great problem solver who tracks down the causes of issues in a systematic and analytical way
• Thrives under pressure
• Enthusiasm for systems administration including keeping up to date with the latest operating systems, tools and techniques
• The confidence to perform in a production environment and the desire to deliver excellent solutions and service
• A proactive and energetic person with a desire to contribute collaboratively to the development of the team and the company
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Any experience in the following is highly advantageous:
• Database administration / use (ideally MSSQL)
• Server security and security tools (e.g. anti-virus, vulnerability scanning tools)
• PCI network administration
For further information please call or ;
Commutable from Manchester, Bolton, Wigan, Liverpool, Chester Network , System , Admin , Administrator , Windows Sever