Audit Manager in Practice
Practice Audit Manager. Southampton. Top 10 Practice, Up to £50,000 Qualified, ACCA
Your new company
A very respected and top 10 Practice firm in Southampton are now looking to enhance their Audit team with a manager with Audit Practice and management experience.
Proving a range of services including external and internal audit, finance due diligence, valuations, management accounts and payroll services to a diverse client base ranging from small businesses and start-ups to substantial international groups. The client portfolio includes businesses from a variety of different industry sectors, across both private and AIM listed companies.
Purpose of role: To work within the ABS team to manage the audit process, consultancy assignments and relationships of a mixed portfolio of clients. You will ensure clients are provided with a high quality service, through the effective management of resources within the team and liaison with relevant departments.
Key responsibilities: Client work:
- Ensure that clients receive an efficient and proactive service and client expectations are exceeded throughout the year. Liaison with client Partners and other staff where appropriate to ensure all are kept up to date with relevant issues.
- Audit work and setting budgets - awareness of commercial aspects of clients business and impact on our work. Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning review and completion of audit and other related assignments.
- Be aware of developments in compliance and how this impacts on our clients.
- Client billing.
- Organise staff on jobs, ensuring each individual is clear on expectations and timescales, is properly trained and receives constructive feedback. Ensure any shortages or excess workloads are identified and minimised.
- To ensure assessment forms are completed and feedback given to all staff on all jobs.
- Liaison with junior staff to assess any issues that need dealing with.
- Ensure appropriate in house and external training received personally.
- Prepare proposals for new work.
- Attend relevant marketing events.
- Present at seminars if required.
- Attend relevant client segment focus group meetings.
- Develop personal contacts.
- Identify and develop opportunities for S&W with current clients.
- Planning and organising - to ensure all client work is carried out within the appropriate timescales through continual monitoring of progression of the work.
- Technical expertise - to ensure audit conducted to correct standard and accounts preparation is accurate and meaningful for the type of industry. To be able to answer staff and client technical queries and make technical decisions.
- Commercial awareness - to have a good understanding of the commercial factors affecting the client and to be able to monitor the commercial effectiveness of work done by reviewing costs against budget.
- Teamwork - working as a team with the other managers, Partners and staff to ensure the department as a whole meets its objectives and all client demands are exceeded etc. and dealing with differences.
- Problem solving - technical knowledge to resolve client issues and organisation to be flexible to meet client and director demands.
- Customer focus - ensuring clients expectations are exceeded, by providing a first class service at all times.
- Business Development - ability to develop trusted advisor status with clients
Candidate Profile Education/Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA).
- Significant external audit experience gained within a professional services environment.
- Experience of (and appetite for) business development activities such as targeting, preparation of proposal documents, proposal presentations and attendance of networking events
- Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting and auditing standards, industry specifics and their application.
- Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
- Strong communication skills in order to liaise with clients, Partners, staff and other professionals.
- Previous experience of management and motivation of staff to ensure best performance.
- Organisation to ensure needs of clients, partners and staff are all met.
- Monitoring costs against budget for individual clients.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.