OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To assist engineering department to carry out daily tasks in accordance with SLA agreement with clients.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaise with Account Managers about the requirement of Service Engineers.
- Scheduling Service Engineers daily work.
- Dispatch, monitor and close service calls to Service Engineers.
- Co-ordinate Service Engineer daily activities.
- Monitor engineers and ensure daily productivity is maximised
- Proactively manage local SLA and engineering escalations
- SLA reporting & trend analysis
- Report all absences and holiday requests to Regional/Service/Admin Managers
- Report installation progress to Regional/Service/Admin Managers and Account Managers.
- Manage and Maintain Service Engineers holiday requests and remaining allocation.
- Ensure accurate and timely engineer van stock movements
- Organise spare parts to go to Service Engineers for service calls.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administration role within a technical, IT or engineering environment.
- Exceptional organisational skills; able to plan and schedule workload of group of field-based engineers and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Exceptional communication skills; able to liaise with and co-ordinate activities of a group of field-based engineers via phone, email and text.
- PC literate (all MS Office suite) and aptitude to pick up new software packages quickly.
- Planning and organisational skills; able to establish efficient and appropriate plans for self and others and adapt quickly and effectively to unexpected changes whilst still ensuring objectives are met.
- Customer service; understands and responds to customer needs (internal and external) and exceeds expectations where possible.
- Communication and team working; works co-operatively with others to achieve a common goal and communicates information in a clear, concise and accurate manner.
- Problem solving and decision making; analyses information appropriately in order to find best solutions and takes a balanced view to reach logical conclusions and make relevant decisions.
- Commercial and organisational focus; demonstrates understanding of overall business and commercial issues facing company.
- Commitment to results; is committed to obtaining results through taking responsibility, demonstrating a positive attitude and ensuring quality is built into work
The Technical Services Department consists of the Service Engineering, Managed Services, Technical Support, Technical Consultancy, Repair Centre, Purchasing, Production and Warehouse teams, all reporting to the Director of Technical Services and ultimately reporting to the Chief Operating Officer.
The scheduling team hours of work are based on a shift rota from 8am-8pm Monday to Sunday.
Support is provided based upon the SLAs in place with the customers. These are monitored on a daily basis and reported back to the customer at regular intervals.
This job description should be regarded as a guideline for the individual job holder, and will be subject to review according to changing circumstances. Other duties within the skills and capabilities of the job holder may be assigned from time to time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82272850